- SIMMER THE POTATOES for 6 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and add in the mint. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil over a medium heat in a deep frying pan and fry the courgettes until lightly golden.
- Add the potatoes and fry for a minute or two with the courgettes.
- Reduce the heat. Add the egg and mint mixture to the frying pan.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a low heat, stirring regularly.
- Sprinkle with the Wensleydale Yorkshire Cheddar and place the pan under a hot grill until the eggs are just set and the cheese is browned. Divide and serve.
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 8 eggs
- large handful of fresh mint leaves, shredded
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 tbsp light olive oil
- 2 medium or 4 small courgettes, sliced
- 200g Wensleydale Creamery Yorkshire Cheddar, grated
If you only have a small frying pan, you may need to cook this in two batches. The basic recipe is easy to adapt. Try adding onions or bacon, or substituting chives, parsley or other herbs for the mint.
WENSLEYDALE CREAMERY YORKSHIRE CHEDDAR
New from the Wensleydale Creamery in Hawes, Yorkshire Cheddar is made from the milk of cows that graze our iconic lush green Dales pastures. Typically aged for 15 months, it’s deliciously rich, strong and full of character.
For further information about the Wensleydale Creamery – and plenty more inspiring recipes – visit wensleydale.co.uk