These dark little chocolate pots are a dream to eat and a dream to make. This simple recipe can be whisked up quickly and ahead of time, which leaves you more time with your guests. I use Ancho chilli powder to add a kick, but you can use any kind of spice to give it an extra flavour dimension.
- 340g extra dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground Ancho chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 x 400ml tins of coconut milk
- chocolate shavings, to decorate
- Break up the chocolate and place in a large bowl. Add the chilli powder and cinnamon. In a medium-sized saucepan bring the coconut milk to the boil over a medium-high heat. Pour the hot milk over the chocolate and stir until it has completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into six small bowls or ramekins.
- Cover and place in the fridge for about 1½ hours until set.
- When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and grate a little chocolate over each pot.
Recipes are from Feast from the Fire by Valerie Aikman-Smith, with photography by Erin Kunkel. It is published in hardback by Ryland Peters & Small.